SHOULD YOU REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR HVAC SYSTEM?
Follow this guide to help decide which option is best for you.
Choosing whether to repair or replace your HVAC system is a serious financial decision, you shouldn't make lightly. Consider these important factors:
- Age: How old is your Furnace & AC? Air Conditioners can last 10 to 12 years while a Furnace usually last 15 to 20 years.
- Efficiency: Older HVAC systems are not as energy-efficient as newer models and can lead to higher utility bills.
- Warranty: If your Furnace & AC are still under warranty, your repairs may be covered. If not, a replacement may make more financial sense. Either way, we highly recommend an annual maintenance plan for annual cleaning, tune-up, and testing electrical components to provide longevity.
- Long-Term Costs: Choosing to repair or replace your Furnace & AC will cost money regardless. You'll need to weigh which option gives you the biggest return on your investment.
- R-22 Freon: The government is phasing out Freon® to protect the environment. If your unit uses Freon, you'll eventually need to replace it with the new R410A refrigerant. Replacing your unit now might be worthwhile since you'll have to do it later.
- Overall Condition: Does your unit frequently break down? Does it emit strange odors or make odd noises? If you answer is YES to both of these questions, you may need to seriously consider a replacement.